What is “conversion copywriting?”
Conversion Copywriting is writing that has the ultimate goal of converting the passive reader into someone who takes action. Most of the time in business, we focus on that “action” being a sale, but it can also mean downloading a lead magnet, filling out a survey, signing up for a newsletter, trying a new feature or any other actions you’d like people to take.
So, for example, that might look like:
- A landing page that encourages visitors to sign up for your webinar.
- An email series that gets your subscribers to pre-order your new book.
- Website content that convinces people to hire your coaching services.
- A Case Study showing how your software saved a client 10 hours per month on admin.
If you want words that move people towards saying “yes,” you need conversion copywriting.
What types of writing services do you offer?
There are many different services I can offer, as there are so many ways that you can use well-written conversion copy to promote your business.
Here are some examples of what you could hire me for:
- Crafting richly-detailed descriptions of your beachside vacation rental property in Bali that will make visitors head straight for the “Book Now” button.
- Planning a series of blog posts about productivity and work habits, to build an audience and create a following for your mobile to-do list app.
- Creating a Black Friday Sale email campaign that will stand out from other other promotions and drive sales.
- Putting together a long, detailed, SEO-friendly blog post about working abroad in Australia, with a link at the end to your visa services.
- Ghostwriting a destination guidebook that you can give away to your readers as a way to build your email list.
- Creating an in-depth itinerary for your 14 day African safari adventure in Tanzania, so that guests can start getting excited about what they have to look forward to.
These are just a few examples of the type of work I have done in the past… but they are by no means the only services I offer.
The best way to find out if I can help you with your writing needs? Contact me and I’ll send you a custom quote!
What is your rate?
It really depends!
My rate varies depending on the size of the project, the amount of research involved, etc.
Get in touch with me with the details of what you need and I will provide you with a custom quote.
Please Note: If you are looking for the cheapest freelance writer – that’s not me.
I don’t generally work with companies that are only concerned with how little they can pay for writing. My rates are based on my experience, the quality of my writing and my years of experience.
Do you charge by the word, by the project or by the hour?
It depends on the project!
I am able to charge on a fixed price OR hourly basis, so let’s have a chat and find out what works best for you.
Here’s a general guideline for determining which type of payment is best:
|Fixed Price Projects||Hourly Projects|
*When it comes to fixed price projects, I don’t charge by the word – I charge a fixed price for the full project. This includes research time, planning and strategy, revisions. etc.
Why don’t you charge by the word?
Pricing by the word doesn’t really work for copywriting, as it’s a professional service rather than a commodity. I’m offering you much more than words on a page, I’m creating custom content that is unique to your business.
A per-word price for writing doesn’t take into account the other factors in a copywriting project – such as research, strategy, getting to know your brand, structuring the content, etc.
Also, per-word pricing encourages quantity over quality. Sometimes 300 words can be more effective than 1000 words (and can take just as long to write, as I have to choose those words very carefully.) Instead of looking at projects on a per-word basis, it’s better to approach a project with a simple, flat fee to cover all of the elements that go into successful copywriting.
How do you take payment?
There are a few options:
- Hire me via a fixed price project on Upwork. You fund the milestone and when I submit the work, it’s released to you.
- Hire me via an hourly project on Upwork. (This is a great idea if you want me to be able to jump in and help you on an ongoing basis with writing projects here and there, without having to go back and forth sending quotes and setting up milestones.)
- Purchase one of my “Gigs” on Fiverr Pro.
- Hire me outside of these platforms. (Note, when working outside of a freelancing platform I require 100% payment upfront before I get started on your project.)
Why don’t I just use ChatGPT to do this?
If you want to give it a try – by all means go ahead! It’s free, so why not play around with it and see what happens?
But I think you’ll find that ChatGPT and other AI tools give you generic, lacklustre, robotic sounding copy that lacks strategy and an emotional connection with your customers. If copywriting was just putting words down on a page, then I’d be worried about AI taking over the industry.
But it’s about so much more.
So far ChatGPT can’t do the in-depth research and strategy necessary to create copy that is unique to your brand, resonates with your customers and clearly relates how your product is the one to solve their specific, real problems.
AI is also lacking in one of the most important things a copywriter needs to write emotionally powerful copy: empathy. To be able to tell a story about your customers that shows you understand and relate to their struggles and you care about their successes? That requires a human touch.