If you are a business owner in the travel industry, you already know that the market is SUPER competitive.
But you also know that your brand is special. You offer a travel experience or service you know your customers will LOVE… if they would only give it a try.
So, how can your hotel, tour provider, travel app, transport company or attraction stand out from the rest?
Here’s the key:
It’s all about telling a story that captivates your potential customers.
The modern traveler relies on online content when researching where to go, where to stay and where to eat. If you aren’t publishing stuff that catches their eye, you’re missing out on potential revenue.
When someone books a hotel stay in your city because they read about it online, that’s content marketing in action. The winning strategy is to offer your readers engaging, evocative and powerful writing that goes beyond the typical cliches and makes them giddy with excitement for their next trip.
Plus, when your website, blog, email campaign and newsletters are packed with valuable, useful and informative content your readers will start to regard you as an authority on your particular corner of the world.
That’s a very good thing!
(After all, your customers will do business with the brands they know, like and trust.)
However, if you are busy with other aspects of your business and you have 45,958 things on your to-do list, it can be hard to write on a regular basis.
Or, maybe you tried doing the writing yourself but it made you want to bash your head against the keyboard? (It’s a lot harder than it looks.)
So, why not leave it to me?
Who I Am?
I’m a freelance writer from Canada and the co-founder of Global Goose.
I’ve been traveling the world full time for the last 8 years and I have been to over 50 countries.
(Yeah, I guess I’m one of those wandering “digital nomad” vagabond types. I wouldn’t say I look glamorous while doing it though.)
I have written content for tourism websites, holiday resorts, online travel guides, travel blogs, and many, many, many others.
(Seriously. I’m known for wearing the letters off keyboards because I’m always typing like a maniac.)
My previous clients have included FlightNetwork, StayAlfred, Hertz.ca, MoaTrek, Travelers Q and Discover Banff Tours and I have been published on Grabr.io, Where.ca, PeoplePerHour.com, Upwork.com and Problogger.com. I am an ongoing contributor to many travel websites, including Travel-Wise.com, Rad Season and Slick & Twisted Trails.
(I’m also a massive dork who loves Back to the Future, pub trivia, bad puns and spending way too long in art galleries.)
What does all this mean?
It means that when we work together, you can count on the following:
- I have a deep understanding of your target audience. (In fact, if you’re a travel brand there’s a good chance I AM your target audience.)
- I have the research skills to find details, statistics, stories and other bits and pieces to make your content really stand out.
- I’ve been writing for the travel industry for years, so I’ve learned what works and what doesn’t.
- I have the creativity and writing chops to create content that will feel fresh and new for your readers.
- I’ll avoid the tired cliches. Come on, how many times have you read about a “quaint and charming” village, a beach with “white sand and turquoise water” or a city that is “a mix of old and new”?
- I’ll make sure your project goes smoothly every step of the way. (Never worked with a freelance writer before? No problem! My clients often mention how easy it is to work with me.)
- I’ll probably make a dorky pun at some point… I can’t help myself. #sorrynotsorry
How do you know if my services are right for you?
My area of expertise is the travel industry and I’ve worked with tour providers, hotels, hostels, online travel agencies, vacation rental companies, work abroad programs, travel SaaS companies and many more.
We will probably be a good fit if:
- You are passionate and excited about using the power of strong writing to build your travel brand.
- You have been thinking about creating a content strategy for your brand, such as an email series, a newsletter or a blog, and you are now ready to put it into action.
- You aren’t afraid to be unique and show some personality, humor and humanity in the content you publish.
- You are looking for the right freelancer for your brand, not the cheapest one. My rates reflect my high level of expertise in the travel and tourism niche and my excellent writing skills. (Contact me for a custom quote.)
Does that sound like you? Wonderful!
Let’s get started!
Click here to tell me about your project and receive a no obligation custom quote. (Every quote comes with an adorable meme of your choice: dog, cat or other.)
PS. Want proof that I know what I’m doing?